Is there anything better in the summer than a Frappuccino? Or perhaps for those chilly mornings or afternoons when you require a pick-me-up?
This salted caramel mocha Frappuccino is not only delicious but also incredibly simple to make.
You only need a blender and some basic supplies; no special equipment or ingredients are required.
So, if you’re looking for a quick and refreshing snack, this recipe is ideal! It’s also much cheaper than getting one from Starbucks. So give it a shot right now!
What exactly is a salted caramel mocha Frappuccino?
Mocha with salted caramel A Frappuccino is a coffee-based beverage that consists of espresso, milk, mocha sauce, toffee nut syrup, and ice. The mixture is then blended and topped with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and sea salt.
This tasty Frappuccino combines so many delicious flavors that it creates a perfectly balanced drink.
Depending on the flavor you want, you can adjust the ingredient to your liking. More on this later.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
To make this salted caramel mocha Frappuccino, you’ll need a lot of ingredients. However, you may have most, if not all, of the ingredients on hand.
There are also many ingredients that can be used for various coffee recipes, so if you enjoy experimenting with different coffee recipes at home, you’ll enjoy the flavor combination of this one:
- Strong coffee – Depending on how strong you want your Frappuccino, you can use espresso or regular brewed coffee. I’ll go over this in more detail later.
- Milk of choice – You can use whatever milk you prefer. I usually have whole milk on hand because I prefer the full flavor, but low-fat milk or your favorite milk substitute will work just fine in this recipe.
- Crushed ice – To get that unique blended Frappuccino base, crushed ice or regular ice cubes are used to cool things down to the perfect temperature.
- Toffee nut syrup – One of the main sweeteners in this drink is toffee nut syrup. I’m using this Amazon toffee nut syrup. This coffee syrup can be used in a variety of recipes, so it’s worth purchasing in my opinion.
- Mocha sauce – The second sweetener in this drink is a mocha sauce, which also gives the Frappuccino its coffee-like color.
- Caramel sauce – A tablespoon of caramel sauce is used as a topping. You can make it from scratch (recipe follows) or buy it ready-made.
- Whipped cream is the ideal way to top off this Frappuccino. It will hold the caramel sauce and make the drink look great when you serve it to your friends and family!
- Sea salt – The final garnish that will take this drink to the next level is sea salt. As you can see from the end result, a little goes a long way.
|Photo by yourdreamcoffee|
Now that you know what ingredients go into making this delectable blended beverage, let’s look at the best coffee to use:
What kind of coffee is best for this recipe?
For this Frappuccino, I recommend espresso coffee. Brewed coffee is best for a milder flavor, and decaf is best for caffeine avoidance.
The stronger flavor of espresso can stand up to the sweetness of the other ingredients while allowing the delicate flavors of chocolate and caramel to shine through.
If you don’t have access to espresso, brewed coffee will suffice, though the drink will be less strong.
Decaf coffee doesn’t taste all that different from regular coffee, so it’s a good option for those who want to avoid caffeine entirely.
Whichever coffee you choose, go with high-quality beans for the best flavor. More on this later:
How do you pick the best coffee beans?
The right coffee beans for you will depend on your personal preferences, so you can only find this out by testing a lot of different coffee beans. Here’s what I propose:
- If you prefer strong, bold flavors, go with a dark roast coffee bean. These beans are roasted for a longer period of time than light or medium roast beans, producing a more intensely flavored coffee.
- A light or medium roast coffee bean would be preferable if you prefer more subtle flavors.
Whatever bean you choose, make sure it is freshly roasted for the best flavor. I use coffee beans that are no more than eight weeks old from the date of roasting.
Check out some of my recommendations for coffee beans:
To try, make your own mocha sauce
There are numerous ways to make a mocha sauce, but one of the simplest and most delicious is to use cocoa powder, white granulated sugar, and cold tap water.
This recipe is quick and simple to prepare, and the results are simply divine. After it has completely cooled, it will look like this:
- Begin by combining equal parts cocoa powder and white granulated sugar, then adding the same amount of cold tap water and whisking until smooth.
- Next, heat a small saucepan over medium heat with this mixture.
- Cook the sauce for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until it thickens and the sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly before using in the Frappuccino recipe.
How do you make homemade caramel sauce?
You only need three ingredients to make caramel sauce at home: white granulated sugar, cold tap water, and heavy cream.
Because this caramel sauce is only used as a topping for this drink, I recommend using a store-bought version if you do not intend to use it in other coffee recipes.
You’ll need to make enough caramel sauce for a few servings, which means you’ll have leftovers for a few more caramel drinks, such as:
- Caramel latte
- Caramel coffee
- Caramel macchiato
After you’ve made the caramel sauce and allowed it to cool, it should look like this:
How to Make a Homemade Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino
It’s actually quite simple to make a salted caramel mocha Frappuccino at home! You can make one in five minutes if you have all of the ingredients on hand!
You can see a quick overview of the steps below, along with photos of the process. Scroll down a little more for the full recipe.
- Brew your favorite coffee and let it cool completely before using it in this recipe.
- In a blender cup, combine the cooled coffee, milk, mocha sauce, and toffee nut syrup.
- Next, fill the blender cup halfway with crushed ice or regular ice cubes.
- Blend on high until the mixture is slightly chunky and not completely smooth.
- Fill a glass halfway with the Frappuccino base.
- Finish with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and a pinch of sea salt.
More Coffee Recipes
If you enjoy Frappuccinos, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try. It’s simple to make, and the end result is delicious.
You’ll be able to enjoy this drink more than once in the coming days if you make it with homemade mocha sauce and caramel sauce!
More Related Articles to Read